A few years ago we made it a priority to participate in Meatless Monday! It wasn’t hard, just a little tricky to retrain your mind to not think you need meat. Like most Americans we were use to the one protein, one starch, and one veggie kind of meal. Now we have a few meatless meals we enjoy regularly!
If you haven’t started eating meatless meals regularly, Meatless Monday is a great way to start. Focus on easy meals to start. This is a great way to be kind to the environment, save some livestock, and hopefully get in a few extra veggies!
Are these healthy? I don’t know! But I do believe they are healthier than almost any meal I would order out so that’s a win for me. If you really want to get in extra veggies, add a side salad to any of these!
Our Meatless Favorites
- Broccoli Pasta: by far my favorite meatless pasta recipe! Even my four year eats this without a fuss. We do like to serve it with French bread.
- Fried Potato Tacos: my weakness! I loosely follow this recipe. Sometimes I change up the seasoning and I like to serve them with green onions and sour cream.
- French Bread Pizza: so easy! Get a loaf of French bread and cut it in half. Cover each side in pizza sauce. Layer mozzarella cheese, olives, and your favorite veggies. Bake at 350 until the cheese is melted!
- Veggie Lo Mein: a new recipe to use but it is getting added to the rotation! We also added broccoli and took out the mushrooms.
- Tostadas: Bryan’s family had these during lent growing up and now we eat them at least once a month. We keep it simple with tostada shells, refried beans, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sliced avocado, and hot sauce. Make sure you warm the beans and tostada shells before you assemble them!
And there you have it, five of our favorite meatless meals! I’d love to here your favorites in the comments!